The Life & Times of Mommiehood

Here I am finding my way through uncharted waters.


Leave a comment

I spent the whole time here feeling like the crud in my head but trying to overcome and enjoy time with my family. For the most part I think I succeeded but I do get crabby when I’m sick and feeling yucky. Getting Stephan used to a new sleep setting was interesting and we often had him in the bed snuggling with us during the night.

We stayed pretty busy, heading downtown to go to the Museum of Science and Industry as well as driving around to get a glimpse of the new Trump Tower and nosh at the McDonald’s that they’ve streamlined to not be quite as cool and full of Rock’n’Roll memorabilia. Expensive McD’s, but free parking so I guess that’s the trade off. Stephan also experienced bowling for the first time and absolutely LOVED everything about it. He gets in his Grandpa’s car now and asks if we are going bowling. When we go anywhere in Mimi’s car he expects to watch Wall-E, makes me SO thankful we don’t have a DVD player in my car! The fact that he could be entertained with all the driving we did here was great.

After going to the mall one morning to find some Wall-E goodies at the Disney outlet, we drove out to spend some time with college friends and be a part of their little girl’s 2nd birthday party. Stephan is enamored with little Tylie. He still talks about going to play with her and gets a little shy and grins. He’s so stinking CUTE!

Mostly, we’ve spent time with family, getting to see my brother, SIL and their girls as well as my other brother and his fiance. Stephan had some fun playing with his cousins once he warmed up to them. I was also able to reconnect with two friends from high school which was great. Nice to pick up conversation with someone you haven’t seen in ten years and not have it be awkward at all. One of the good things about facebook is that I’ve been able to get in touch with old friends again.

Aside from being sick the whole time I was here, the other thing that sucks is having Stephan enter crazy-toddler-mode and be very difficult to handle. He also might be having problems with his ears and hearing, but he hasn’t been listening when we ask him to do something. Gets a bit challenging too when I want to talk and enjoy family and he’s off getting into everything if I stop paying attention to him. Might be nice to get back home and back into our typical routines. I’m sure all the chaos and non-routine has been pretty tough on him.

I think we’ll have to come back a bit sooner than two years. Maybe we can get excited about driving out this summer if gas prices stay where they are now.

I’ll try and get some pictures up on Flickr soon, but I head straight back into my three day work week tomorrow and might not have time to sort through photos till Friday.


Author: AngieK

My husband Andrew and I have been married for fourteen years and love living in Colorado! Eight years ago I became a mommie to an awesome little boy and four years ago to my precious little girl. The past few years have been a whirlwind.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s